It is summertime, and along with summer comes lots of visiting and entertaining. Sometimes we overwhelm ourselves with complicated recipes, fancy drinks, and crazy themes, but none of those things are necessary. Here is my recipe for effortless entertaining:
- Simple is best. You don’t need a million options or to use the most complicated recipes. Don’t be afraid to scrap a thing or two if you are running low on time. It will save you stress and no one will know you didn’t make that extra dish!
- Grab items that are easy to unwrap and put out.
- Grab some salami, prosciutto, pancetta, and ham. Either transfer directly or plate it up creatively.
- Grab one or two types of cheese and cut into cubes/slices and position near the meat.
- Put out a few crackers and/or apple slices to go with the meat and cheese.
- Fresh veggies and dip. My go-to has always been Ranch but I have started developing spread recipes as well to offer another option for our guests. Pre-made hummus is another great go-to option. Check out the Blue Cheese and Pecan Spread. It is always a hit. The spread works well with the veggies or along with some fresh French bread. And is worth a few extra minutes of prep time.
- Throw a few pickles or olives out for a salty taste. Nuts are another great option.
- Then, add something for the late night sweet tooth. My favorite thing has been to try out different popcorn recipes. Everyone loves popcorn and who couldn’t resist it late at night! Check out Crack Popcorn & Peanut Crunch for one of my favorites.
- Chips and dip. Store bought or homemade pico de gallo is highly recommended or even make your own guacamole.
Thanks to ahintofginger.com for this blog post.