Laundry Room [lawn-dree, lahn-dree room]; noun, plural laundry rooms.
a room where clothes are washed and dried that never looks organized and drives you crazy every time you see it.
Example: “Everything gets thrown in the laundry room and it makes me want to pull my hair out.”
I’m sure you all can relate. The laundry room is often overlooked, yet it is one of the most used rooms in your home. It often becomes a catch-all with piles of colors and whites and towels scattered like a minefield across the floor. Don’t fret though, I was perusing Pinterest and found some easy DIY projects that will make your laundry room less chaotic, and more user friendly. These ideas were some of my favorites.
- A laundry pedestal. This DIY project adds storage under your washer and dryer for laundry baskets. Keep your laundry sorted and out of sight. Click here for the tutorial.
- A Rolling Laundry Basket Dresser. Similar to the pedestal, but stacked baskets instead. Get the tutorial here.
- A Laundry Room Drying Rack. This is perfect for a cute but functional piece to help with drying your delicates, without hanging them off of the fixtures. Folds up so it is out of the way when not in use. Get the tutorial here.
- A Rolling Cart. I love this idea for storage of all of the bottles that seem to take over my laundry room. This cart holds them, and fits between the washer and dryer. It’s accessible from both sides, so it’s perfect for extra storage. Get the tutorial here.
- A slanted shelf. This is perfect for those laundry rooms that don’t have room for a laundry cart, or if you don’t love the look of the laundry pedestal. Get the tutorial here.