We often spend so much time making sure the inside of our home is appealing, that we forget about what it looks like outside. Here are a few ideas to create curb appeal without a contractor and on a budget.
- Add a pop of color by painting your front door a bold color.
- Make this fun address number planter: http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2014/07/diy-address-number-wall-planter.html
- Add planters to anchor your front porch.
- Give your mailbox an update with fresh paint, faux stone, or something of the like.
- Add faux stone panels over your exposed cement slab foundation.
- Line your front walkway with pathway lights and/or plantings.
- Replace your front gutter downspouts with rain chains.
- Give your garage door a makeover. Tutorial for faux carriage doors here: http://garrdenoflove.blogspot.com/2012/11/garage-door-makeover.html And tutorial for faux garage door windows here: http://housetohomeblog.com/2011/11/18/faux-garage-door-windows/
- Update your house numbers. Need ideas? http://www.thegardenglove.com/creative-diy-house-numbers/
- Add a decorative wreath or welcome sign on or near your front door.
- Add a front porch seating area.
- Don’t forget little things like greening up (reseed, fertilize) and mowing your lawn, getting rid of cobwebs, sweeping off walkways and porch, cleaning gutters & pressure washing your driveway.